I want more power from my Mog 1200

simparb

She's fine with just the chipper and general pto work. When it comes to towing heavy loads ie timber trailer with a load , approx 10ton plus trailer at 4t she struggles. She's a bit sluggish even when the trailer is empty at maintaining constant top speed when on A1 etc.

Can anyone recommend a kit like Vos has or anyone had any other toys fitted to get more hp?

Also any recommendations around Lincolnshire areas who would could work confidently on it? I can't se to find anyone locally other than my local farmer friends and they are used to plugging in a laptop !

Cheers

Will

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's fine with just the chipper and general pto work. When it comes to towing heavy loads ie timber trailer with a load , approx 10ton plus trailer at 4t she struggles. She's a bit sluggish even when the trailer is empty at maintaining constant top speed when on A1 etc.

Can anyone recommend a kit like Vos has or anyone had any other toys fitted to get more hp?

Also any recommendations around Lincolnshire areas who would could work confidently on it? I can't se to find anyone locally other than my local farmer friends and they are used to plugging in a laptop !

Cheers

Will

up rate the pump maybe

or go on the benzworld forum and ask the question

Ibbetts are certainly very good. As are AC Price. Those are the two I'd go to. Ibbetts are my most local option and I tend to buy everything I can from them because I find them very helpful and friendly. AC Price are quite possibly the best in the country but further from me.

I would urge you not to go down the route of the well known firm offering a power upgrade by means of intercooler and prayed fuel pump , Mercedes didn't offer this as a standard option for a very very good reason , if your u1200 is not man enough then get a bigger more suitable mog , I have recently been speaking to Alex Price about getting more power from my u1600 but have decided to get a newer u1600 with a more efficient euro 5 engine with more bottom end grunt and of course a few extra toys fitted as well . I would highly recommend A.C Price

I had a 1200 as we no it was putting 120 hp out which was useless on the road with a load on sent it to vos and it came back with 180hp then it was a monster just wouldn't stop pulling it was worth every penny to get it done we thort about getting a u1600 or simalar but we wanted to keep the smaller u1200 to get in places

Cheers

Will

I'm assuming that she's well serviced, as blocked fuel and/or air filters can knock your power massively. if that side is in order then you should find a diesel engineers locally who'll tell you over the phone if the pump can be opened up, but as has been said some machines are 120 hp for a reason.....the drivetrain won't take no more:biggrin: