Anyone use a sprinter tipper

walkerboys

I like that Johnny I think they look a lot smarter than transits and round me every transit driver is a jipo on the rob or advertising lopping and topping ha i remapped my 08 plate defender and now it could make the earth spin the other way it's down to 15-18 mpg plus I want something I can huck my chipper up to and do to domestic jobs with.would it pull my ifor tipper behind it loaded ok

I like that Johnny I think they look a lot smarter than transits and round me every transit driver is a jipo on the rob or advertising lopping and topping ha i remapped my 08 plate defender and now it could make the earth spin the other way it's down to 15-18 mpg plus I want something I can huck my chipper up to and do to domestic jobs with.would it pull my ifor tipper behind it loaded ok

how bigs yr ifor,sprinters can only tow 2t,new ones may be more

Oh can they only tow 2 ton? I thort they would be on 3.5 ton I've got a 12ft by 6.6ft whitch cage sides so can fit plenty in it I mite have to have a little rethink I'd get a 7.5 tonner or bigger as I have my hgv but I don't get enuf work to warrenty them

Oh can they only tow 2 ton? I thort they would be on 3.5 ton I've got a 12ft by 6.6ft whitch cage sides so can fit plenty in it I mite have to have a little rethink I'd get a 7.5 tonner or bigger as I have my hgv but I don't get enuf work to warrenty them

well 2t legaly any how:laugh1:

We run 3 sprinters, all panel vans. Youngest is a 2012 316CDI 4 cylinder, returns about 22mpg towing an Ifor Williams 18 foot. It is plated to tow 3.5 tons legally as we had it made like that otherwise the best you will get a Sprinter to tow is 2.8 tons. However although it pulls very well you have to watch speed when towing as it will snake.

We also have a 4.6 ton X reg 411cdi that towed 2 tons which has just been derated to 3.5 tons using a kit from SV Tech. In the process we managed to raise towing weight to 2.8 tons. Although it doesnt have the power of newer van it handles the trailer far better . It also has the stronger springs. Where it really scores is that it has twin wheels and traction control and is far better on soft ground than the 316cdi single wheel

What may work well for a tree surgery company is buy a 4 or 5 series sprinter and derate it, but check what you need to carry before you start.