aspen

hedgesparrow

been using saw in coppice for last two days and each night cracking headache. the time has come that i go back to aspen in saws the stink and smell from normal 2 stroke is to much can not take it any more.

going to get 2 cans tomorrow and run the saw on aspen.

only reason went back to normal was petrol was cheap but is it worth breathing the toxic fumes from 2 stroke. no its not

+1 totally agree.

My mate and me used to get headaches when working in close canopy situations. Made the switch to aspen, never changed back. Better for the saws, environment and your health, only downside, not so good for the wallet.

Have already signed the petition but unfortunatly it doesnt seem to be making much good.

Thanks for sharing!

Its awesome to hear that our product is making a difference to the way in which you feel whilst at work :thumbup1:

Price is always going to be hard to justify but we hope that the benefits outweigh the price compared to pump fuel and from reading your experiences it certainly sounds like it does.

We are putting together a section on our website where profesionals like yourselves can share their experiances. we would love to hear from you and in return we will send you a FREE Aspen t shirt or Aspen beanie :001_cool:

All you have to do is send an email to [email protected] and state you want to leave a review for the website and she will email you back the form to fill in.

for others new to Aspen fuel,

Remember:

Aspen Pros:

• better for users health (99% less toxic emissions)
    Better performance and reliability for machines.

• No fuel related breakdowns

• 5 year storage life, can leave fuel in machines no problem

• conveniantly ready mixed so no chance of damaging machinery.

Aspen Cons: More expensive

Pump fuel Pros: Cheap

Pump fuel Cons:

• Potential long term damage to health??? Benzene and solvents to name the most harmful products

• Short term health problems such as headaches and sore eyes/throat

• short shelf life, petrol cannot be left in machines when stored

• Shorter machine life compared to if only run on Aspen

Neither seem to bother me but i was speaking to someone who said he got headaches from aspen.

Hi aitch,

We have upgraded the 2stroke oil used in Aspen2 so if people did not like Aspen before might be good to try the new FRT Aspen2

It's even cleaner burning than the old Aspen2

Almost zero soot and carbon produced

Because it burns more completely your kit will run even better than before!

See our website for more information or contact myself [email protected]

All the best

Eddie

• 3 weeks later...
How can I buy the 25ltr containers of Aspen? Most of the dealers only list the 5ltr at about £19 which makes the change expensive.

I am in the West Midlands.

Aspen is only available in 5litre or 200l cans in the UK.

25 litre cans have been looked into, but the price per litre would be no less than in 5litre cans.

Some dealers may offer a small discount on a reasonable size order of 5litre cans. It may pay to ask.