Google Adwords!

hamdogg

Don't do it through Yell (Hibu), get some training and do it yourself. Can be effective if done right but we found paying £500 a month to Hibu generated us about £600 a month in work (excluding time to quote all the jobs) and even then couldn't tell for certain if they had just found us on google anyway. We are now looking at running our own ad words and maximising our website.

Try Moz.com and their learning centre and use google analytics

I used to spend £3k a month on adwords

Ok if you spend £50 and make £300

Useless if you spend £50 and make £50......

dearest clickthrough cost I have seen was £33.00 per clickthrough ( personal injury solicitor) cheapest I've seen £0.05 ( Llama Walking )

So you need to know what your selling .....

And (average) profit per sale .....

So next questions

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING,

WHATS YOUR AVERGE PROFIT PER SALE

If your a tree surgeon/ firewood producer I'd also ask

WHAT AREA DO YOU COVER

Get a strategy together then .......

I ran a campaign in addition to my other advertising g early last year or year before spending £1-200 a month and it was great turned it off in the end as we couldn't keep up with the extra work. To make it pay you have to think very carefully about the key words and exact match broad match etc

I use Adwords, sometimes it's great, but last month I had 70 clicks reported but no one that called had used the ads, it s also easy for any unscrupulous local tree surgeons to click on your ad 5 times and cost you a fiver! And also use up your budget for the day so no one can see your ad!

I use Adwords, sometimes it's great, but last month I had 70 clicks reported but no one that called had used the ads, it s also easy for any unscrupulous local tree surgeons to click on your ad 5 times and cost you a fiver! And also use up your budget for the day so no one can see your ad!

I wondered about this ^^^. Surely it would be one paid click per IP address? I dont know.

Id say 70% of new leads come from Google adwords for me.