Oak Butt

Treemanuk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a cracking piece of oak - shame it has to be felled...

But def worth milling - there has got to be some really interesting things going on inside there. It sort of looks like a burr and sort of doesn't!

:001_smile:

Always very suspicious of any developments that regard the felling of ancient oaks as being OK. Surely it's crown could be reduced in order to ensure it's continuing survival, whilst accommodating aforementioned development. I'd bet my left nut that whatever is built there will be less attractive than an ancient oak.

Always very suspicious of any developments that regard the felling of ancient oaks as being OK. Surely it's crown could be reduced in order to ensure it's continuing survival, whilst accommodating aforementioned development. I'd bet my left nut that whatever is built there will be less attractive than an ancient oak.

If they intend to build where the tree is stood I'm pretty sure a crown reduction will be insufficient :biggrin:

hear hear mate...

should make some staggering timber if it's good wood inside though...

why does it need to be felled?

Redevelopment of the site

Is this a "fell before the planning app goes in?"

It just seems odd (notwithstanding lack of background detail) that such a tree would be unilaterally sacrificed??

Off topic - gear arrived Rob! I managed 1 pass with the new chain before wife dragged me in from semi-darkness. Looking forward to trying out the other bits at the weekend. VMT!:thumbup: