Jonsered super 630 II.. throttle linkage issue

champagnecharly

Well foolishly I took out the carb without taking a photo. Thought.. nahh doddle to get back in and link up.. well I thought it should be and I thought i had remembered but now I have my doubts as the throttle is not smooth.

some pics on dropbox

dropbox

It seems as the section I have put trigger side is too small for the plastic so when the trigger is pulled it takes time for engagement so it's not a smooth pull of trigger more of pull click pull.

Anybody any ideas?

I've just been out to the shed and taken some pics of mine (my saw that is :001_tt2:). Mine appears to be the same. So either that's just how it is and we've just never noticed before, or it's just worn over time, or I've done it wrong sometime in the past too.

IMG_20140831_143547_984_zpsitalj3jl.jpg

This is how is sits at rest.

IMG_20140831_143559_843_zpspt3sju3a.jpg

And when you take up the tiny bit of slack in the trigger.

IMG_20140831_143603_480_zpsxq8jptwq.jpg

I'd never really noticed an issue with my saw until you questioned this. I've had it since about 92, and I guess it has worn over time and loosened up, and I just never noticed it gradually get worse. Maybe it would be possible to bend the metal link rod slightly to take out the slack.

Than you very much. Glad that i's me just getting overly worried. Admittedly with it running I don't hear the click.. I had to replace the fuel line so took it all back to pieces again this time i took a closer look at the linkage wire.. It was bent and bending it straight did help but it seems (not sure) there may be some wear on the connection on the carb also. Anyway it good to know it wasn't me putting it back together wrongly and most imprtantly it works.

Thanks again.