Been stopped for speeding?

cornish wood burner

A long time ago (1980)while travelling along the Canboure bypass I was pulled by the police for speeding. Apparently they clocked me (over 1/2 mile I think ) and I averaged 88mph. One then proceeded with the normal tyre kicking and the other asked me to try the indicators etc. I was thinking fines endorsements etc by then. When I turned the ignition on the radio was turned well up to compensate for the somewhat swift progress I had been making. At least the radio works said the deafened one who had his head in my window. Anyway no faults were found and the deaf one said "I expect you have a driving licence don't you,so on your way but try and keep a little closer to the limit when you at down this way again."

Over the years I have remembered that and indeed kept closer to 70 along there.

Never worked out where he was though.

Anyone had a similar experience or can beat 88.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indicated 163 mph flat on the tank on my blade at 5.30 am on the A27 between Chichester and Portsmouth . Plod parked in police only lay by . Could just make out one waving at me in my mirrors . Kept it flat stick until the Hilsea round about went off to Porchester . Never saw them after . Went a different way for about 2 weeks after that !

I had two similar calls, one out in NZ back in 2005, and another in 2006 on the A27 near Brighton doing 92. The annoying thing with that one was that I'd sped up due to the dick behind being too close. The a fore mentioned cock then turned his blues on and gave me a wee word before letting me off with a warning. no paper work at all. It drove my mate who was on 9 points and always drove like a granny nuts!

Not personally but..

My brother got stopped back when i was young (not that long ago i hasten to add) and he was going something like 40 in a 30. Anyway the copper said you have a light out on your rear, so my brother says in a cheeky way - so have you on your light bar. Both parties went on their separate ways shortly after with out further words :lol:

Spent a long time doing long commutes was on 12 points for a while in that time I was doing well over a 100 on the m1 and marked police car came up behind me and just sped on by when a pulled in to the middle lane. :blushing:

Drive a little more sensibly these days but still annoys me doing any amount of moter way miles as the vast majority don't no how to use them. Limit on Mway should be raised IMO

Spent a long time doing long commutes was on 12 points for a while in that time I was doing well over a 100 on the m1 and marked police car came up behind me and just sped on by when a pulled in to the middle lane. :blushing:

Drive a little more sensibly these days but still annoys me doing any amount of moter way miles as the vast majority don't no how to use them. Limit on Mway should be raised IMO

Totally agree, Should be 90, and any muppet sitting in the middle lane should be booked. It should not be an offence to undertake, but be an offence to be undertaken.

Totally agree, Should be 90, and any muppet sitting in the middle lane should be booked. It should not be an offence to undertake, but be an offence to be undertaken.

Yup. If I can undertake you who's fault is it?

Provided both parties are within the legal limits obviously. I'm no criminal :biggrin;

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

no excuses coming up the m3 the other week getting late so getting tired just wanted to get home. was going to come off at normal junction then realised i needed fuel as getting low went to j9 to get fuel pulled in garage police car came behind evening noticed you went on rumble strip back down road breathalysed me not had a drop as at A meeting. and there meter was not working. i know you not had a drink on your way and get home