Wear on hydraulic hoses.

Woodworks

I had a hose go on our processor. On inspection it had been rubbing against another hose and had worn right through. I have now looked closely at all the hoses and there are several areas that are getting damaged where they pass other pipes or the body of the processor.

What are the ways to deal with this? I have started by cable tying some of the hoses together but I need some sort of abrasion resistant tape or standoff brackets for the other areas.

Thanks in advance.

Did ask the chap making up the new hose about a protective sleeve. He found some water pipe conduit so slid that on before clamping on the ends. Didn't look very Pro but might help. Don't appear to have any hydraulic experts near by just folk that can knock up a new pipe. I will looks out for some spiragaurd.

Did ask the chap making up the new hose about a protective sleeve. He found some water pipe conduit so slid that on before clamping on the ends. Didn't look very Pro but might help. Don't appear to have any hydraulic experts near by just folk that can knock up a new pipe. I will looks out for some spiragaurd.

get a proper hydraulic hose firm in i use Hydroscand excellent firm highly recommend them we had a hose on digger go and it goes under body of digger put a new hose in but were it comes out he fitted a joiner so if it went again just have to have a short section replaced. he also fitted spiral-guards over hoses to protect them. since he has done it nearly a year still as good as new and has not rubbed.

have used other firms and not a patch on this company very professional and good prices.:thumbup::thumbup:

HYDROSCAND Ltd

Unit 10 Druids Way

Pool Industrial Estate

Redruth TR15 3RH

telefon.png 01209 212966 our depot covers a large area. so should think these do as well bound to have a engineer near to you

Edited by hedgesparrow

Thanks Jim that looks good but pricy. Mind you a new pipe just cost me £50.

slack ma girdle

Do you leave the conduit loose on the pipe or fix it on some how? I like the idea of conduit as I have 20m roll of it in the shed and I am tight git :laugh1: