cs38/39 equipment hire

CTARRY

I am looking at doing my cs38/39 but i don't have my own equipment.

Are training providers allowed to hire out the equipment when doing the course?

only asking because so far I have been in touch with 4, and none of them can supply the equipment, with 1 provider saying they can't due to insurance constraints.

If i had to get my own equipment, how many £100's would i be looking at?

I recently did cs 38 and 39 with Roland Heming (http://www.rolandheming.co.uk) in Dorset.

They can provide all the kit, and the prices are really fair. Even with accommodation and travelling there it worked out cheaper for me than loads of the other trainers.

The accommodation isn't too shabby either...

I second that. Really nice set up and very good pricing . Will be doing a couple of tickets down with him when work slows a bit:thumbup:

Your location says Derbyshire.

I suppose it depends which part but Myerscough provide kit (or at least they used to) and has/deserves a good reputation.

Tyro in Skipton is worth a look.

Basic climbing kit will be around the 300 mark without gaffs.

I am looking at doing my cs38/39 but i don't have my own equipment.

Are training providers allowed to hire out the equipment when doing the course?

only asking because so far I have been in touch with 4, and none of them can supply the equipment, with 1 provider saying they can't due to insurance constraints.

If i had to get my own equipment, how many £100's would i be looking at?

There is no reason why a training center is not "allowed" to provide you with equipment.

If a training providers insurance does not cover them for kit hire, maybe they are trying to keep their premiums down (I would worry though that they may be making 'savings' in other areas as well)

I know that both Lynher Training in Cornwall, and Kingswood training have provided all required kit.

The kit is generally built to 'sturdy' specifications, so may not be the most fashionable!

Edited by Mat

Your location says Derbyshire.

I suppose it depends which part but Myerscough provide kit (or at least they used to) and has/deserves a good reputation.

Tyro in Skipton is worth a look.

Basic climbing kit will be around the 300 mark without gaffs.

yeah, i am near stockport. Distance is not a problem (if the price is right and has good reviews :001_smile: )

Myerscough provide all climbing kit required for a course and the assessment. Probably a good option at you will have the chance to try before you buy, Also the same kit will be sorted out or you to do chainsaw in the tree. Check out the college website for details.