Greenmech 19-28 2006 model

treeman61

I am giving this machine a full filter change. Included are two hydraulic filters. I have found one in the hydraulic oil tank, where is the other ?

Also, what grade of oils does the machine take, and how many litres of each ?

Is there anyway to adjust the anvil closer to the blades and if so how is this done ?

I have found 8 greasing points, which include the two on the tow hitch, are there anymore than that ?

Is there a site where I can download an operators manual, I can only find one for the newer version of the machine ?

Is there any achilles heel with these machines, and if so what do I need to look out for ?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I am giving this machine a full filter change. Included are two hydraulic filters. I have found one in the hydraulic oil tank, where is the other ?

There is a suction filter low down on the front lhs of the engine, follow the hoses

Also, what grade of oils does the machine take, and how many litres of each ?

I use 15/40 multifleet in the engine, 7 or 8 litres. Hydraulic is ISO 32, 30ish litres (more in a safetrac)

Is there anyway to adjust the anvil closer to the blades and if so how is this done ?

You need to adjust the flywheel front bearing or possibly even shim the flywheel rear bearing - this shouldn't need doing between anvil changes unless there is play in the bearings, in which case it is time to pull the flywheel anyway

I have found 8 greasing points, which include the two on the tow hitch, are there anymore than that ?

Yes - if it is a road tow then there are 2x on the hitch, 1 on the top roller motor, 1 on the top roller pivot, 1 on the lower roller bearing, 2 on the flywheel (one for each bearing), 1 on the tensioner pulley, 1 on the tensioner slide, and 1 on the bell housing (more again on safetrac)

Is there a site where I can download an operators manual, I can only find one for the newer version of the machine ?

Greenmech will be able to supply one

Is there any achilles heel with these machines, and if so what do I need to look out for ?

Lower roller bearing is prone to failure as they never get greased, splines on lower roller wear out, water can find its way into hydraulic oil via breather if incorrect breather fitted (this can ruin pump and motors), flap in rotor housing exit can come awry if solid objects are chipped resulting in machine blockages, fuse carriers can corrode and cause electrical glitches, groundies can't keep up with feeding brash into it as they are monsters! Maintained properly they are one of the best chippers out there IMO.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Good luck with the machine, if you have any issues call Greenmech and speak to Mac or Jason, they'll sort any issues you may have down the phone.

It is such a "sorted" machine that very little has changed over the years. The gap between the blades and shear bar is set up in the factory and then locked. Get a suitable lever and see how much bearing play there is by moving the flywheel back and to along its axis. Ifvthere is loads, yack out the flywheel and fit new bearings and out it back. Check also the condition ifvthe shear bars whike it is out.

Best off taking it to your GreenMech dealer and having them do it. That way you are earning while they are spending!

GreenMech manuals are available as a download for current machines, others may be emailed out as a pdf.