Mini digger or compact loader

irish surgeon

Hi everyone, strongly thinking of getting one of the above but not sure which one, machines I'm thinking about is 3ton mini digger any model with grapple or something like an avant loader. Any thoughts on either would be much appreciated. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I run a 3 tonner with demo grab, some jobs you can get into, some you can't.

You will find your work will change to suit the machine the more you use it and the more it's seen.

There's always a way of making a job easier, will you do it with 1 machine?

No, I have a range of them.

3 tonners a brilliant size!ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405511227.615287.jpg.2fa305f6ab8bf26ef54810f521fa7f4c.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405511131.242618.jpg.2d87ac61d08270957690c71c0e77b012.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405511054.005117.jpg.44da84441df3a07447a33457f15917d4.jpg

What is the cost of your grapple setup Steven, that's exactly what I'm thinking about, I have a holder A60 that I could convert to a loader setup if needs be as I have a spare 1 with spade that I haven't converted to my good holder as I use it only for winch work. Cheers for the info

Holy that's fairly expensive but it's most definitely the real deal for tree surgery so can't complain too much to be fair, can I put this question to you Steven, how high up the list would you rate that setup in your company?

Edited by Stephen Blair

It plays its part in me not needing staff.

I can go to jobs myself that are suited to it.

I did a job last week that was priced for 3 days, 2 labourers and the Mog.

I did it in 4 hours myself with the digger .( I re negotiated the job to suit us both as ground conditions changed from when I priced)

Then I went to another job and lifted 5 ton of timber out a garden and loaded a trailer with it, then I went and tidied my yard and didn't break sweat once :)

It costs me £444 a month .

I bought the attachments outright and 25% of the machine and it's 0% interest.