Online arb qualifications

Cloud9climber

Been looking into the online rfs level 2 in arb at myerscough. I work full time so would have to do this online. What I'm asking is this too much to fit between at 40+ working week? Also roughly how long does it take to complete?

Is the any other qualifications that might be suitable that would give me some sort of qual that might not be so demanding? Or possibly crash courses?

I have been arb 2 years now and have a bit of general knowledge so I'm not totally green on it all

Thanks!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ISA Certified arborist is L2. You get a study book to work through and advice on further reading at the end of each chapter. Once you feel ready you just sign up for the exam so you can take your time. That will be cheaper and less demanding as a starting point. Its probably not as good as the qcf/rfs L2.

I keep meaning to do the rfs but never seem to have time! Always busy :( would love to do it..

For me personally im better if im in a group and interacting with people and learning. I lack the disciplin for internet study. I have the isa handbook and cd's but rarely look at them, read it and forget me :( need interaction :001_cool:

Also thought cd would be good but the american voice telling you all the key words each chapter is enough to make you use the cd as a frisby!

Im doing rfs starting in september.i work near enough 40 hrs a week and got 2 kids and a wife that never stops talking from the minute i walk in till i go to bed:) so hopefully it will be fine .id say go for it mate,sooner u do it better.

I've got the opportunity to go back to college to gain a l3 diploma. Which has more punch the l3 diploma, isa cert arb or the RFS?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Strictly speaking the L3 has more punch but I did ND years ago and thought it was rubbish. I switched and did tech cert instead. Still L3 but way more relevant. With the professional qualifications such as rfs and tech cert you tend to do tree specific stuff. With the academic you end up doing business studies and tractor driving and stuff like that. If you are thinking of L3 have a look at the L4 qcf qualification. Its the new version of tech cert. I'm just finishing the L6 and its awesome. Speak with Keely at tree life for further info. They run small group sessions at various locations as day release. About 15 days over one a year. You will come out as a junior consultant.

Great, I haven't seen the isa one before. Been looking at it, is it American? I have seen you can buy the audio cd but you can also get a book too I think it's around 135 dollars which is 70 quid maybe? Has anyone ever done this qual? If there additional costs when booking the exams etc?

I'm really stuck between 2 mins p, the rfs looks great however just think it will be too much stress, I don't cope well with been pressured, and coursework, would much rather do the exams.

I just want it for the future, when I'm too old to climb i can fall back on something just to say I have it really.

Any more advice greatly appreciated as I feel my brain about to explode haha

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App