movano

jose

Hi All

Ive got a Vauxhall Movano twin wheel based model.

Just a heads up sort of and possible asking for help.

The Hydraulic pipe which connects the clutch pedal to the Servo ( not 100% as not a mechanic) failed the other day. If you look at it its a silver metal pipe which part of the way along has a small circular section which i believe is a 1 way valve. The back of this valve blew, losing all hydraulic pressure so no clutch.

Pain in the ass big time but its only a pipe so at least not the actual clutch.

So i thought!

As it stands i have at best a 1 month waiting time for the bit!

This is a 2 yr old truck, not done 20K and still under warranty. and the truck was empty at the time.

So just be aware if you have one. tbh its been pretty good till now.

These trucks are basically Renault traffics i believe, just different badges.

Vauxhall didnt even want to give me the part number so i could try and source the part myself!

If i can source the pipe they say they cant fit it under warranty as they have to source it. I explained to them (after telling them that got to be bollock) that the hire cost alone for a month will be less than getting it fitted anyway not to mention the PITA it is having a crappy hire van that just isnt set up for tree work!

If anybody can help/ recommend a place i may be able to source a part the part number is 95507284

Also i dont know if anybody knows but to me a month seems a unacceptable length of time for a new vehicle that is being sold by 2 manufactures. Would there be some kind way of recouping hire costs? Not sure but perhaps small claims courts, refunds , something?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jose

Hi All

Ive got a Vauxhall Movano twin wheel based model.

Just a heads up sort of and possible asking for help.

The Hydraulic pipe which connects the clutch pedal to the Servo ( not 100% as not a mechanic) failed the other day. If you look at it its a silver metal pipe which part of the way along has a small circular section which i believe is a 1 way valve. The back of this valve blew, losing all hydraulic pressure so no clutch.

Pain in the ass big time but its only a pipe so at least not the actual clutch.

So i thought!

As it stands i have at best a 1 month waiting time for the bit!

This is a 2 yr old truck, not done 20K and still under warranty. and the truck was empty at the time.

Check the terms of the warranty, if the vehicle is broken down as a result of a failure under warranty it is usual to be able to claim for a replacement vehicle during the repair on private cars, I've never had a commercial vehicle with a warranty.

I gather these have a strange slave cylinder which means a gearbox out to replace any parts.

I had a single wheel base for around 2 years & was a good truck until recently, when it started to just cut out randomly which is extremely dangerous.

They use Renault engines which are prone to electrical & sensor faults & also have a habit of destroying the in tank fuel pump & sending metal fragments through the fuel system which is a costly repair.

Vauxhall have no interest in solving these faults & should have done a recall.

My advice would be to get rid, Vauxhall have basically made a commercial vehicle out of car parts hence why they are cheaper than the alternatives.

Vauxhall technicians have very little knowledge of the Renault engines in the Movano.

Ye i heard that its a gearbox out job.

Thats why i dont really want to have to pay for it myself.

I need to find my paper work and have a look but like said if its commercial then normally its tough luck.

It just annoys me as its very much a oh well never mind attitude form them, in fact the dealership told me to be patient a little long, then when i came in admitted it would be weeks before they potentially got the part in!

uptil now it had been good, thing is i never wanted one, but thanks to the gypsie ( and police to e lesser extent) nicking my new transit i wished to avoid a repeat of truck theft.

sometime i really do think why be legal.

After been the victim of theft, the police then gave hundreds of ££s worth of ladders away to the gypsies that they were raiding to recover a mass of stolen vehicles it then follows that the insurance companies then proceed to fleece me for the next 5 yrs for making a claim!

Ford denied all knowledge about being able to break into the trucks without out damaging them ( turns out it was know about but never acted on it or warned anybody).

:mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1:

makes me feel like the fool for working hard and paying taxes when it seems so many dont bother and have a easy life!

Rant over!

If it is the same as a Master, should be pipe to slave cylinder at clutch pedal then pipe to bleeder valve and the bleeder valve is a push fit into thrust bearing/master cylinder (the joint between bleeder valve and thrust bearing leaked on mine... stupid f idea putting an o ring push connection in there anyway, removed g/box cleaned and glued the joint, new clutch ... 600 inc parts and fitting