Steepest slope you've worked on? Angles?

IanW

Moved to a new site today, hardwood thinnings, it's one side of a bloody steep valley, you struggle to walk up it, felled trees that are dressed out easily and rather scarily happily slide down of the own accord with out any help or warning.

How do you work out the average angle of the slope? from bottom of the bank to highest tree felled?

what's the steepest any one one here had worked on?

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Besides rope and harness work off Cliff faces I just mountain goat it, I love it! I once made a 60 ft beech do a full 360 in mid air before hitting the deck. Brilliant job, about 60 off a cliff face, you can see the gap from the moon I bet!!

Thing to watch is if they are leaners you can't let them pull at the hinge or the root plate starts pulling the rocks out the ground your standing on, had a Groundie try and crawl up a rock face covered in wild garlic in a panick as I was waiting to give the cut a final blip once it had got past the tickly bit! All good fun.:)

Felled for processors in Kintyre when I first started out and for the skyline, that was steep old ground.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I've worked in Madeira felling Eucs in the mountains and the fall on the lower side was sooooo steep you couldn't even reach where to start the sink and felling cuts, had to begin the cuts from a rope and harness before scrabbling onto the higher side to finish off the cuts; definitely wasn't for the light hearted but cracking fun