Annoying?

Jammydogg

Does anyone else on here get annoyed when a customer or another self employed colleague takes the task of cutting a tree down then akss you to come and clear the mess as a job?? Or is it jus me?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

I always decline and, if they ask, explain to them why.

If work ever got short then I might change my tactics but till then I'm not cleaning up someone elses mess at any price. People expect it to be done really cheap cos all the 'hard' work has been done - then you find their method of stacking is random and it includes all sorts of crud like mud and grass cuttings.

Matthews point is a fair one but we are just too busy doin 'hard' work.

We priced to clear up a fallen eucalyptus . Chip all the brash ring up and stack . Bloke said no my gardener will do it . week later could we com and finish it . Soooo we went and yep all the brash was stacked this way and that in a tangled heap ......ho hum

Exactly matthew, then we end up looking like were trying to rip them off, it does my head in.

The customer is some1 ive worked for before and the other chap is a odd job builder guy who ive climbed for n all. I think il decline the work as u say im too busy. They expect it to be cleared away for peanuts

Drives me nuts!I do Shredding for a few landscapers,exorbitant hourly rate,plus part there of,they know i will charge double if it is not stacked properly, and know what i won't shred, when i get asked by new customers i tell them it would be cheaper to get me to do the whole job, so next time i get it… usually…

One guy gave stick about the prices, i showed hims video of my biannual strip down and re build of machine gave him running costs per hour tax insurance,wages, never had a peep out of him after that, pays upon the nose now!

We'll see how much is there....and i dont have a chipper😳

As you know mate, I don't quote or deal with money. If I did though, I would price the job as if I'd done the tree work too. If they take it, happy days, if not, then no bother.

People think that the tree work is the expensive and timely job. It's not. I can make a hell of a mess in a day, for cheap. The expensive and time consuming part is dealing with what's left.

Gotta agree though, it's galling when people call you in as their "tidy up bitch".

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk