Tw150 blocking

scale90

Evening all,

Has anyone had this prob with their TW150, the machine sometimes blocks when

4" material is put through. It has recently had the blades sharpened, new rotors and rotor bearing. The stress control seems to be working as it should, the only thing I can think of is the anvil. It is chipping really well but the chip does look a little smaller than usual.

Cheers dudes & dude'ts

Evening all,

Has anyone had this prob with their TW150, the machine sometimes blocks when

4" material is put through. It has recently had the blades sharpened, new rotors and rotor bearing. The stress control seems to be working as it should, the only thing I can think of is the anvil. It is chipping really well but the chip does look a little smaller than usual.

Cheers dudes & dude'ts

had exactly the same a while back,only did it with 4" stuff too,had shorter blades but well within witness line,a week later the rotor shaft snapped,bent flywheel,1500 quid rebuild,fins where intact,bearings intact,all seemed well,probably not connected but worth checking everything over

If the anvil is rounded it'll need turning upside down. Does it block on chip or jam with the wood. If it's jamming i'd say the anvil was to blame. Thats if your anvils reversable. If it's not throwing it out, belt tension sounds sensible, that reminds me. Does everyonw have a torque wrench?

Edited by WoodMouse

The belt tension is A/OK it just sometimes blocks on the bigger material-used it today and it was fine. I think the machine wasn't level with the shoot side a little lower due to a bank we were working, making it harder for it to throw the material up the shoot (I THINK):confused1: