372xp:old and clunky?

THE88MAN

had 3 of the above,all new over last ten years,just picked up a new one yesterday.cracking grunty,solid saw but really feels old now compared to 550/560 etc IMO.i feel like an old man (I am) with a triumph stag :biggrin:

Yes, but has it had the Rover V8 mod or are you still with the dodgy original Triumph V8:thumbup:

that's clearly a sales pitch :lol:

Not at all - the old boy had a Triumph 2000 straight six Mk1, my elder brother a Mk2 whilst I had Minis and the younger brother Granadas - thats after the bikes so got a keen interest in all forms of motor car/bike/machines etc:thumbup:

Got a 2005 372XP (the one i put a Meteor piston in), she's all run in but i've ordered a 24" .063 bar for it (so i can use the same chain roll as the Stihls) so i think it could do with Spud's majic hands inside her:biggrin:

What's the damage sir - pm if you prefer

Regards,

Steve.

Not at all - the old boy had a Triumph 2000 straight six Mk1, my elder brother a Mk2 whilst I had Minis and the younger brother Granadas - thats after the bikes so got a keen interest in all forms of motor car/bike/machines etc:thumbup:

you were lucky! joking aside and a slight derail,delivered logs to a chap weekend,had a spitfire 1600 in the garage from new,done 364,000 miles now,tours Europe for 6 months every year,his AA premium must be high!!

i have a 2 or so year old 372xpg and yeah its a lil heavy but compared to the husky 555 work just bought i love my 372, feels sooo much nicer, tons and tons more power, better protection around exhaust area so when full depth in a big log the gases arent burning your hand. doesnt have the autotune etc.

done ten or so hrs on 555 and i truly dislike it, wouldnt have one! 372 all the way for sure