Targeting Commercial work

Rick2517

Hi Guys,

I am after a little advise from people who have managed to secure commercial contracts/customers. My company has been operating for 5 years now and I feel very comfortable within the domestic market in that finding the work and dealing with the customers is my strong points however this is becoming a very risky business model as we are constantly worrying about running out of work. Now I have 3 guys and myself on the books I need to secure some sort of contract to give us the security we need to grow.

The firs step I feel is to go for Arb approval to give us something to back up our professional ways and this is something we are working towards having by the end of the year.

The next step is to find the clients and start bidding/tendering for the work. This is where im struggling. Is there a simple solution to this i.e good tender websites, Or just ways that you have found effective to reaching the right people??

Any advise will be greatly appreciated guys

Thanks allot in advance

Rich

Hi Guys,

I am after a little advise from people who have managed to secure commercial contracts/customers. My company has been operating for 5 years now and I feel very comfortable within the domestic market in that finding the work and dealing with the customers is my strong points however this is becoming a very risky business model as we are constantly worrying about running out of work. Now I have 3 guys and myself on the books I need to secure some sort of contract to give us the security we need to grow.

The firs step I feel is to go for Arb approval to give us something to back up our professional ways and this is something we are working towards having by the end of the year.

The next step is to find the clients and start bidding/tendering for the work. This is where im struggling. Is there a simple solution to this i.e good tender websites, Or just ways that you have found effective to reaching the right people??

Any advise will be greatly appreciated guys

Thanks allot in advance

Rich

Hi Rich,

Try here https://online.contractsfinder.businesslink.gov.uk/ I subscribe and advise the ARB Approved Contractor network of any opportunities (there are one or two others too.)

Good to hear you're "working towards" ARB Approved and by the time you come on board the scheme will be registered under SSIP, a rela move forward for LA and commercial work, partic combined with CHAS as we are currently.

Hope this helps and look forward to talking further in due course.

Cheers..

Paul

Hi Rich,

Try here https://online.contractsfinder.businesslink.gov.uk/ I subscribe and advise the ARB Approved Contractor network of any opportunities (there are one or two others too.)

Good to hear you're "working towards" ARB Approved and by the time you come on board the scheme will be registered under SSIP, a rela move forward for LA and commercial work, partic combined with CHAS as we are currently.

Hope this helps and look forward to talking further in due course.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I had a guy on the arb approved intro day last week which was very helpfull so thank you for that, we have allot of work ahead of us to get everything upto scratch but we will get there sooner now we know adsactely what we need to do.

Rich

Thanks guys, I've spent the afternoon signing up to tender subscriptions so just need to wait for them to pop up and in the mean time get everything in order. Do you guys find that most comercial customers insist on being part of a trade organisation such as "AA" or are ther only interested in price and a goog H&s policy?