Price of cord

shooterjim

Hi all. Meeting the forestry man tomorrow to discuss prices and quantity of cord I want. Tempted to buy as much as I can afford as I plan to increase my sales this year. What sort of price should I be talking this year? Haggled price down a bit last year due to poor access and ground conditions. It's mostly ash and silver birch which has been down and stacked for a couple of years at least.

All wood looks in good nick. It's had my name against it so no one else has had chance. Plus access is shall we say, challenging! Majority is ash with numerous stacks of silver birch and a bit of beech. Well ventilated and seems to stay nice and dry. Paid 23 cube last year.

How long is a piece of string?? After reading similar posts on here for the last two years I would say it all depends on location. Here in the north east we seem to pay more than elsewhere. I have just taken delivery of mixed hardwood at £45 a ton plus vat, delivered but they were asking £50 to start with. A friend of mine has been quoted nearly £60 so £37 a ton Little Green Woodchopper is the stuff of dreams in our neck of the woods (pun intended!).

Ended up paying 25. Measured very roughly in my favour by the nice man as I'm taking lots of short stuff that the contractor won't have due to his grab not being able to pick it up! Measured at 20m3 but it's more like 40 so very happy. There is only one large stack with birch but cut a piece and It's nice stuff. Just need to sort removal as it's in a right poop place to get to due to steep sloping rides up to it!