Green mech cs 100..??

jnoon

Looking into chippers,the gm cs100 looks like a good chipper for those ( like me ) in the early stages of their buisness.

4" capacity

gravity fed

18hp electric start vanguard engine...

is it any good.??

i dont want a huge chipper as to me anything over 4 ish " is logs.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price of a new one you can get a s/h timberwolf etc.... theyre 3400 + vat new arn't they.....

I know you say you don't need a bigger one as 4"+ is a log.... but its the speed at which you can chip that will favour the bigger chipper :)

For 4k the timberwolf is going to be pretty knackered. There is other advantages of micro chippers over road towed like taking the chipper to the brash

For 4k the timberwolf is going to be pretty knackered. There is other advantages of micro chippers over road towed like taking the chipper to the brash

Yes thats a very good point and the OP will know exactly how much of that work he can get.

Depending on the type of work sites, a 6" tracked could be best, or a micro. It's a mine field of info and options. :blushing:

I bought my chipper for around that mark from a member on here and its a belter.... :001_smile:

For the price of a new one you can get a s/h timberwolf etc.... theyre 3400 + vat new arn't they.....

I know you say you don't need a bigger one as 4"+ is a log.... but its the speed at which you can chip that will favour the bigger chipper :)

I paid that for mine. New 18hp are 4500+vat. Afaik. Which is nearly

You were impressed by mine though! :)

Im happy with mine. Got it match last year and done a considerable amount of work with it.

A bigger chipper is good, it depends on your work! Small maintenance work like crown lifting and reductions its great for. Flies through the small stuff. Depending on the wood will munch through 3" happily too.

well i wont be chipping huge stuff, prefer to keep them as logs as i sell firewood anyway.

i like the idea of the narrow access like you say its sometimes easier to drag the chipper nearer the brash when in villages or tight places etc...

it seems to be a good little chipper, nimble light and quite strong,

im aware i could get second hand chipper but its doubt been hammered so rather have a newer small chipper if that makes sence.

will see what prices the gm guy gets back to me with..

Micro chipper have there place in the arsenal of tools ie back garden job with crap access if you can leave chip on site but i would go for a well known 6 inch. Ive been looking for a tracked chipper for ages and seen a lot of junk, then finally i got a 2002 timberwolf completely reconditioned new tracks and resprayed for 5k. There are good second hand chippers out there you have just got to be prepared to travel to view them.

Forget what you are chipping, a small gravity chipper will not chip aswell as a 6" tow behind that's obvious, but what it does save is a dragg, so labour and time, both on drag and tidy because most tree work is in a back garden from my experience.

I soon learned to adapt to my Gloria chipper, Never let the branch hit the deck, cut and drop straight in as you go.

I once put the chipper on my tracked barrow, got it under the hedge, right in the middle and dropped the stuff straight in from the top.

Big jaggy bushes will drive you nuts and it can be hard work shoving it in but it means you can have a complete tree surgery unit in 1 small vehicle.