Recession or the new norm???

skyhuck

We have been in this slump for some time now, we keep talking about things improving and looking forward to the "good times" again.

But what if this is just how things are going to continue for the foreseeable future, Japan has had not real growth since their bubble burst in 1991, so they have been in what we call "recession" for 20 years.

What if the current situation just continues, can you keep going as thing are??

Would you want to??

Are there other better, less saturated industries to get into if things are going to continue as they are??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the new norm. Other countries that were once considered developing are going to take over from t he UK, America etc etc before long. There is a reversal process going on, a shift of wealth. I think the next few years will see an increasing amount of people in poverty in this country. Its a natural process that has gone on for centuries.

This will be the new norm - and twisting the knife - the new norm if we're lucky.

Where is wealth being generated in this country now? Our deficit is still growing and our hold on the skills sector and being the financial capital of the world is slipping....

As said other countries, particularly China, will take over as world powers.

We need to start producing things here again - Germany manages to have an incredibly strong manufacturing base without sweat shops.....

I think this is the new norm. Other countries that were once considered developing are going to take over from t he UK, America etc etc before long. There is a reversal process going on, a shift of wealth. I think the next few years will see an increasing amount of people in poverty in this country. Its a natural process that has gone on for centuries.

I think it is an international problem, in the US it probably worse than here and in Australia i think the bubble has popped too , its no longer the land of opportunity that it was, a couple of my mates, one has been living there for 20 years, he's now back , sold up and did really well on the sale of his house over there, but said every thing was so expensive now (over there) and the other who i have worked for in Australia , has a big tree company over there is now hinting that he may come back, i think he's over in a few mths to consider it. He's been there for about 15 years. I think this is the new norm , the sad thing for me is that when we were not in recession, in the boom years, the money was still rubbish then:lol: there was just a bit more work about, i don't think the prices for work have gone up much at all in the last 10 years, and no where near to match inflation. TRIPLE PANTS WITH A CHERRY ON TOP :001_tt2: Rant over. Only good thing NHS is still free.:thumbup1:

I agree entirely with that post, I've been telling people since the recession began but no one believes.

Like the climate, everything moves in cycles.

I have a good friend who owns a company in emerging markets recruitment. The growth he's seen over the last few years is eye watering and won't change.

Tyrannies and dictatorships never last forever, just look at history. No matter how successful or severe at the time, they always end. Just look at Ghengis Khan as an example as he could be compared to the British Empire.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ua3dvw