Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Employment If you have job vacancy, advertise here free of charge. Looking for work? post your request here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-12   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013

Starting college in September, looking for work experience

Hi ladies and gents
Well finally taken the leap and signed up at Capel manor to do the Diploma in Arboriculture in September. Am very excited by the new career change at the tender age of 44 and to be working with trees. Part of the course requires work experience so I'm looking for anything related to Arboriculture. So if you need a willing pair of hands i'm available and not shy of hard work , have own transport and ppe and have used chainsaws for firewood over the years, also able to drive up to 7.5t. Any offers greatly received, I'm based west London but willing to travel

Cheers
David
Old 19-05-12   #2 (permalink)

Re: Starting college in September, looking for work experience

good luck with finding som,e work experiance,having a licences including 7.5t is a good start,especially if you have a twing licence for that .i recommend phoning up as many companys withing 50miles of your home,the industry is always busy this time of year so search far and wide and you'll find a job soon i hope
Old 19-05-12   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013

Re: Starting college in September, looking for work experience

thanks steve , good advice I'll be starting the phone around this week cheers