Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Employment If you have job vacancy, advertise here free of charge. Looking for work? post your request here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-10   #1 (permalink)

Trainee Climber needed in Wimbledon area, CS 30,31 and 38 needed

Hello everyone!

We recently employed a climber who found my previous advert on Arbtalk, he's still here, and he doesn't look too miserable at all. He almost seems chirpy.

I now need a trainee climber or groundsman to work with him, we WILL train you if you prove yourself and we think you won't immediately leave, this is not an empty promise.

We're a pretty relaxed company undertaking all aspects of tree work, we just want to continue doing good work without any shouty bosses and such like. Microbee is a small company at the moment with a good amount of work. I'm looking forward to hiring a genuinely conscientious individual who wants an environment to grow into a good arborist.

I look forward to hearing from you! Please send CV's to trees@microbee.co.uk or call 0208 540 9968.

Cheers,

Tom.
Old 18-06-10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Trainee Climber needed in Wimbledon area, CS 30,31 and 38 needed

hi there i have cs 30 31 32 33 38 39 47 and mewp stumpgrinder and pole pruner i would work with him pm me
Old 19-06-10   #3 (permalink)

hello, I have 30, 31, 28, 39, and chipper tickets, would love to work in and around london, please pm me or call me on 01704 500972 otherwise i will be intouch next week

regards alex
Old 19-06-10   #4 (permalink)
Supporting member, Raffle Sponsor 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1212 View Post
hi there i have cs 30 31 32 33 38 39 47 and mewp stumpgrinder and pole pruner i would work with him pm me
Surely if you are after work, It is YOU that should Pm/Email your potential new employer not the other way round, Send your CV like asked and ring to check the have got it, Shows you are keen, Just a little tip
Old 19-06-10   #5 (permalink)
Senior member, Raffle sponsor 2009

If I was looking for work and saw an advert like that I would have been too busy dialling the phone number to have typed a reply. Fact.

If people destroy something replaceable made by mankind, they are called vandals; if they destroy something irreplaceable made by God, they are called developers.
Old 19-06-10   #6 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Tree;311827 Please send CV's to [email
trees@microbee.co.uk[/email] or call 0208 540 9968.

Cheers,

Tom.
you have just proved you dont listen on your first introduction guys, Tom has clearly asked you to email him.

Last edited by Stephen Blair; 19-06-10 at 02:42 PM..
Old 19-06-10   #7 (permalink)

Its like advertising something in the trade it, and you get a text asking you to ring them? if you want it you chase it up. And as said before shows your keen, willing to communicate, and use initiative
Old 19-06-10   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1212 View Post

YOu are taking the pee arent you mate??????? Surely????? If you want this job you have certainly made it very hard for yourself already. Why should he go to the bother of pm-ing you when it clearly says in the ad to ring or email him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Reid View Post
hello, I have 30, 31, 28, 39, and chipper tickets, would love to work in and around london, please pm me or call me on 01704 500972 otherwise i will be intouch next week

regards alex
This is only marginally better. If you want a job, get on the effing blower and prove that you WANT to work, not the other way round. There is a recession on guys, and any opportunities wil be hard fought nowadays, and the attitude you pair have shown is not exactly endearing to a potential employer....to put it tactfully
Old 21-06-10   #9 (permalink)

Already tryed the effing blower and emailed a cv before posting on here but thanks for the advise, and ringing over the weekend about work I am sure wouldn't go down well
Old 22-06-10   #10 (permalink)

Relax everyone! Please do just send a CV or call if you are interested.

Thanks, Tom.

Tags
arborist, climber, london, surgeon, wimbledon