Stealing horses

Dave Martin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know of it happening i don't know what the tittle was but the correct name for this is a pickey plait sorry if that has to be changed but it is the name

it is done not only so that they can identify the horse but it is done in a loop to make it easy to grab the horse in the dark with out a leadrope and the horse won't pull

they are also usually smeered in mud to make them difficult to remove

if horse is found like this remove the plait straight away and put lots of which ever oil is used in the equine idustry into the tail as it makes the plaits very hard to do. most the time if there is no plait wen they return apperently they won't steal the horse

Yh its happend down here thankfully not to my 3 horses We check them everyday to see if anything like that has happend and if so they will be in my back garden for a week.Best thing is we keep are horses slap bang in the middle of the village so every one in the village knows the horses and reports anyting strange.

Our old pony had suddenly aquired a plait in her mane many moons ago (I'm not old, it just happened when I was very young) and the next day..... It was stolen.

The whole mane, and the tail were gone! The useless pony was still there though. There had been an article about horse-hair in an "alternative oriental health" magazine the week before, or so we were told later.