Standing / Roadside hardwood wanted... including POPLAR

lgl

Hello,

I am continuously looking for parcels of hardwood to supply our markets.

We have a large market for plantation grown Poplar and Ash and are able to take diseased material.

Poplar must be free of dead knot for at least the first 12 meters, odd live knot acceptable.

All other species accepted of a milling grade.We will work on a commission basis to anyone that can put me in touch with the right parcels.

Oversize softwood of the right grade is also useful.

Please contact me by pm if you think you have something I might be interested in.

Regards

Hi Steve ,Peter, thanks for that. Yes we buy all over the country and I realise some of the guys on here have connections with estates, so new contacts are always good.

We have very large markets and so parcels of 10k tonnes plus not a problem although I can manage thins on a single load bais for the right material.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I've a possible job coming up, a massive silver fir. Roughly 185 dbh and a slow taper to 20m, then another 10+m of storm damaged tat. Plan is to crane it down straight on to a wagon.

Its oversize and soft wood, any interest?