Indian female coconut picker

Darrin Turnbull

Nice find!

Pretty savvy climbing contraption too!

There's a vid somewhere of a very old Indonesian coconut palm climber who makes foot straps n wrist straps by twisting juvenile understory palms together. The old guy zooms up about 60 feet, then appears to fall all the way back down, before peeking out of the understory hail n hardy, not a scratch on him, just a few smokin hot homemade palm lanyards!

I started my career at age 14 trimming wash fan palms in 73. Using long handled limb loppers, three cuts per palm frond! Got me in good shape ror pruning real trees in my 20's.

Jomoco

Inspiring. People in general really steel them selfs short on many things, particularly when it comes to working out doors. Considering the stereotypes this person has to deal with daily my hat is off to her. I hope her daughter appreciates how hard her mom works to support their family.

easy-lift guy

I was only slightly dissappointed!

There was a film about one of the Indian Hill Railways, going to Ooty, an old british hill station, the film was all about the importance of the railway to the community, and the various staff. A particular female Porter got a mention, normally mans work, but her husband had died, and she was paying her Sons through school and Uni on the back of it.

All very inspiring, especially the clearing of the line after a boulder fall, bash a hole with a jumper, stuff in the dynamite, light the fuse and retreat round the corner, they were virtually clearing the still-smoking debris, when the train appeared!

At about 5mph, flat-out!

Hard Hats, hi-vis or safety cordons, nary the bit need.