Hitchclimber / Rope fixing

Gorkde

Hello!

I bought a Hitchclimber and installed it as pulley.

My problem is it seems to be very unrelieable. It seems to stop the knot from gripping the line from time to time so I feel unsecure with it.

Do you have the same problems ir does it grip allways with the climber for you?

Another one:

I use new england Tachyon rope. The shrink tube on the splice has gone loose. How to fix it? I fear using heat it could damage the rope.

What about Heat-Glue? Can I add some and shove the tube over it? Where to add the glue on the rope or white band?

You can buy heat shrink tube with glue built in Gustharts sell it.

As for the hitchclimber, put the top karibiner in the middle hole instead of the top one, this should help. Even then it may not grip occasionaly but this only happens when you are ascending and have pulled slack through, and since you will be holding the rope at the time its not really a problem.

Its still light years ahead of a blakes or prussic.

I am currently using this hitch on my tachon, have been for a couple of weeks, its very good.

The howard hitch (with knut finish)

Photo007.jpg.734f49e22d75c52cd59a1e37413a0bdc.jpg

Photo006.jpg.53d66fdb3f9faf02423ab3f3a4dd565e.jpg

Yes mate, I like my cord as short as possible to minimise the sitback when ascending with a sling between the HC and Harness. This tends to make the vt bind as it works better with the legs free for a few inches at the bottom. The howard hitch doesn't have this problem and also works really nicely when tied on a longer 10mm cord with no HC ( we have this on our short ropes) it can be easily tended one handed.

This was`nt a question of griping knot, since it does grip normally fine. It just got hold by the setup. It got caught behind the carabiner of the fixed line. Since I turned it the other way it got never stuck again while testing but this made me feel unsecure anyhow. No Idea if it can get caught this way too.