Staying fit and improving your climbing

Grüße

I thought I would start a thread on how we all stay in shape, whether it is to improve our climbing or just to stay fit in general. Many people would agree that climbing everyday is enough to keep them in shape, but there may be people like myself who like to supplement this with going to the gym or running.

I have recently taken up Yoga to improve my flexibility hoping this will enable me to move around the tree more comfortably and have found it very rewarding, especially for core strength and balance. The meditation side of it is also great to help stay focused when things get a bit hairy or you become aware of how high up you are!! 😦

Also does anybody take supplements I.e. Protein shakes, magnesium, fish oil etc to aid recovery after big days? What do you find works for you?

After a really hard days work I get home and have a big glass of sintha 6 with whole milk. I feel it does help with the ache the next day, but I could just be a sucker for placebos and strawberry milkshakes.

I do a lot of rock climbing, which helps core and flexibility I think too.

Stretch, stretch and stretch some more, nothing will keep away injuries than your muscles ability to be working within there limit of movement.

Body weight exercises to build strength, especially tendon strength and grip.

I never done any of the above I've opted for loads of martial arts and running and I'm now after many years paying the price. :biggrin:

I generally stretch for 10 mins every morning and do Pilates once a week for core strength. Would like to more but always a balance of time and energy.

Body definitely stiffening up over the years so stretch as much as possible!

I think you should be fitter than your job but actually doing that....personally I don't. Haha

I stench after work and go surfing as often as possible which helps with my stamina and breathing.

But to be honest dealing with kids after a day's work is enough for me. I think running around after the little ones is exhausting enough.

I stench after work as well mate.