Anyone got old kit they'd like to get rid of?

Stoatally

I'm looking to get some kit together - I'd like to start climbing, recreationally at first and look to get skilled up for CS38 in the future.

I was wondering if anyone has any old kit they don't use any more that is still in good enough condition for a novice to start getting to grips with the basics?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the nerve to just ask for stuff like that but I'd welcome the offer of a harness for the cost of post plus a bit more besides :D

You after one as well ???. There are 3 here kept meaning to put on fleabay, but could not be arsed. Think they are all around 2003 vintage so on your head be it.

White noise: they are both excellent offers, I have messaged at least one of them. The offer of a loan is awesome and I'll be talking to them soon, but I'm always concerned of damaging something that's not mine

Peatff: I fear I may have written the title wrong, I'm more than happy to buy stuff off people, I meant for sale or surplus when I said 'get rid of'. You can be sure I would be paying more than just postage for anything offered.

I was thinking that those who use climbing kit will have stuff that is no use for every day work due to age or natural replacement. I'm sure there's kit out there that never gets used anymore or will he used again.

I'm happy to buy it from people who are willing to sell

I have a full LOLER tested kit here which is purely a spare aerial rescue kit for when I have a backup climber without their own kit (very rare, but still needed occasionally - once every couple of months or so).

As far as I'm concerned, you're unlikely to do much damage climbing a couple of trees, and if you want to have a go at climbing before shelling out on your own kit, you'd be welcome to borrow for a week or two.

If you can make it over to the Forest of Dean one weekend, I'd be quite happy to come out with you for an hour or two and show you the ropes, so to speak.