Trouble with a sub contractor

daveindales

I'm halfway through a planting and fencing contract. The job has to be finished and invoiced by the end of March. I am doing the planting and I've sub contracted the fencing. I am being constantly being fobbed off with one excuse or another by the fencer. He's halfway through the job and is hardly ever on site and even when he is, it's only half a day or so. I don't want to let my client down, but at this rate, the fencers not going to be finished in time. Can I impose a late completion fine or something half way through the job? First time I have used him. Anyone any ideas.

I'm halfway through a planting and fencing contract. The job has to be finished and invoiced by the end of March. I am doing the planting and I've sub contracted the fencing. I am being constantly being fobbed off with one excuse or another by the fencer. He's halfway through the job and is hardly ever on site and even when he is, it's only half a day or so. I don't want to let my client down, but at this rate, the fencers not going to be finished in time. Can I impose a late completion fine or something half way through the job? First time I have used him. Anyone any ideas.

Only if it's in your original contract. If you haven't put any time table on the work, the only thing you can do is to be annoying enough to make him want you off his back. My guess would be that he's running a few jobs at the same time and struggling to keep on top of them all. :001_smile:

You may find it HAS to be invoiced before the end of March rather than finished!

The posts and strainers are the hard bit that takes most of the time!

You still have 2 weeks to go, I feel you are panicking as I would be.

Have a meeting with him, don't threaten him with a fine, that will just put his back up.

Not many other folk like finishing someone else's job either, you are better off with a slow awkward fencer than no fencer!

did you draw up a proper contract or just a verbal one, i'd tell him to have it finished by 16.00 Friday or you'll get someone in to finish it.

March ends this friday!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:Oh bugger!!!! I thought it was weeks away!!!:001_huh::001_huh::001_huh: