Donestic Chipper advice

muttley9050

They appear to be a rebadged Chinese generic shredder chipper. For domestic use they aren't bad. They have a small infeed on the side for straight timber and a set of flails for up to 10mm material. The material is discharged onto the floor in front. Reality is it is only good for about 1 inch diameter. They vibrate like crazy and build quality of the unbadged variety would be suitable for domestic use only. Although I did do 5 or 6 "pro" jobs with one when starting out. The build issues were what let the pure chinese one down.

My experience with domestic chippers is that they're a lot of money and the stuff needs to be so small to feed in, to deal with any significant product it takes forever and thus isn't worth it. I'd advise your folks to burn the brash or pile it up somewhere for wildlife...

I mentioned to my dad over 6 years ago that I needed a narrow access chipper and as a surprise he got me one of these. Not my first choice and I was dubious but I was grateful.

It has been great. I've abused it, taken off the plate restricting the size of branches going into the infeed and put through 50mm+, which it has handled.

The shredder part takes things well over the specified size too and generally takes anything you can feed it.

I have seriously abused this over the last 6 years commercially so would think that on a domestic basis, would easily handle what your parents needs

It isn't thebest made machine, it makes a lot of noise and vibrates but the engine has never let me down and the electric start even still works.

For value for money, it's paid for itself many many times over!

I mentioned to my dad over 6 years ago that I needed a narrow access chipper and as a surprise he got me one of these. Not my first choice and I was dubious but I was grateful.

It has been great. I've abused it, taken off the plate restricting the size of branches going into the infeed and put through 50mm+, which it has handled.

The shredder part takes things well over the specified size too and generally takes anything you can feed it.

I have seriously abused this over the last 6 years commercially so would think that on a domestic basis, would easily handle what your parents needs

It isn't thebest made machine, it makes a lot of noise and vibrates but the engine has never let me down and the electric start even still works.

For value for money, it's paid for itself many many times over!

very cheap disposable chipper use it for 2-3 years then chop it in and buy another