Wanted Kohler , Briggs engine

White Noise

Evening all hope everyone's in fine fettle . I also hope some one out there can sell me a used but decent kohler , briggs engine anything from 13hp upwards with an electric start . Open to other makes also . Reason being my second Chinese fake honda engine aka the Chonda has died . Thats two in less than 2 years that I have killed lol . I know buy cheap buy twice :blushing: Open to other suggestions diesel maybe . Let me know what you got . Thats all folks :001_smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bollocks i scrapped an m16 not so long ago as i thought nobody wanted them what failed on the chonda engines

The first failure was down to a piece of the exhaust that corroded in less than 10 months . It fell down into the exhaust chamber and ruined the piston . The second one isn't completely knackered . Although will it start the xxxx will it . Fresh battery still no joy . I really don't think this engine understands English swear words :biggrin: . Could you please send me any info on that diesel engine you got for the splitter as that little unit is one heck of a diamond . Cheers Paul .

Stock rotation I like it ..... bit of a beggar though :001_tongue:

Yer it's a pain but it does work hard, and there something unnatural about trying tomato and engine spinning by whacking it on a stump. Most recently I've been having problems with the valve rockers snapping for some unknown reason.

What's wrong with yours?

Yer it's a pain but it does work hard, and there something unnatural about trying tomato and engine spinning by whacking it on a stump. Most recently I've been having problems with the valve rockers snapping for some unknown reason.

What's wrong with yours?

I didn't even get to the point where I needed to change the valve rockers :biggrin:

Anyway the first one died a proper death by mangled piston . The second well the little bitch will not start for love nor money . It will happily flatten a fully charged battery in a few minutes ? I have now resorted to hitting it with a big hammer ....... still no response . Stupid I know but it just makes me feel a whole lot better . There are false economy engines seriously .