Hitchclimber Rapide - Urgent question

Gorkde

Hello,

I did use a normal Hitchclimber since some time and it turns ok.

Now I did order a second one and this time a Rapide.

My problem is the Rapide should turn smoothly because of the ball bearings but isnt.

My normal HC turns about 2-3 Times when I push it before it stops.

The Rapide nit even turns 1/4 turn and stops nearly instantly.

Will this change when worked in or is that normal and it will stay like that?

Its supposed to turn better than the normal HC right?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

free wheel efficiency doesn't always correlate to loaded efficiency buddy, for typical climbing operations the difference wont be noticeable tbh. A bushed wheel might hold up better in a dirty & damp environment (ie your kit bag! ;)

The rapide has a bearing, so slightly more friction than a free wheeling pin.

Your standard hitch climber will make a noise when you tend slack. The rapide won't. It turns smoothly on it's bearing, so won't spin after tending. I hate the standard one.

It's probably not defective but I did buy it cause I assumed to get the same I already have. So I would like to return it anyway.

The only option to keep it would be if it turns easier than the normal HC.

So if it won't even after some time of usage I will return it.

Isn't there anyone who did use the Rapide quite some time who can tell me if it spins freely after some weeks of usage or if the resistance is still there?

It's probably not defective but I did buy it cause I assumed to get the same I already have. So I would like to return it anyway.

The only option to keep it would be if it turns easier than the normal HC.

So if it won't even after some time of usage I will return it.

Isn't there anyone who did use the Rapide quite some time who can tell me if it spins freely after some weeks of usage or if the resistance is still there?

Yes. I have climbed on the same a Rapide for 3 years now. It only spins as the rope tends slack. Once the rope stops moving so does the pulley. There is nothing wrong with this!

If you wanted the same as you already had then why did you change? I would not expect any retailer to refund an item that works as it should!

I bought this product because of an error on the website.

So in essence your Pulley does spin the same as when you got it first and it doesn't spin easier now after some work. Did I understand that correctly?

Easier is not the word you should be using. The pulley turns when it's needed, and doesn't when it's not. It's not hard to spin. It works exactly as it should.

Perhaps the answer you are looking for is that it works exactly the same as it has from new.

Am I correct in understanding that you are unhappy with it because it doesn't continue to spin after the rope has stopped moving?

Have you actually tried climbing with it? If you're finding it hard to tend slack I would imagine that to be an issue with the hitch rather than the pulley?

Does the pulley turn easily by rolling your finger tip across it?

If I seem unhelpful I don't mean to. I have used this system for a long time and an just trying to figure out if your problem is with a faulty item, of if it's simply different to what you're used to in a minor way

:)