Help to quote for this job

t0ny0k

This conifer is at the bottom of an 80m terraced garden. The customer has been chopping away at it for a while as you see by the photos. The remaining branches overhang the neighbours garden,fence and decking below. All waste to be carried to the front of the house with only a 3 footpath along the side of the house with a door leading to the drive. The route is via a steep path. Stump at present to stay. No way of getting a chipper to the bottom of the garden.

IMG_1240.jpg.4ccc71272e0d3b25bd76fb0753a7cde5.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg.b5570c5b8a9984d1fc6d808ebbc1db5b.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg.e546877663cf2f844001c510fcba9590.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg.4b75d4c36f6dda2e6c42cd8c324ce920.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg.e77db49f97280e5af3ff738fc7a8a81b.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean 80 mtrs? Is the access downhill or uphill. Could you show a picie that shows exactly what the tree is overhanging? Is the neighbour happy for the branches to be lowered into his garden or is it a 'no touch' job? How low down do they want it cut?

It all depends on how long you recon it would take - looks a straightforward job as long as you get the maths right.

The neighbour is more than happy to have it removed and think he will be helpful, which obviously will be in his interest. The terrace is uphill to remove the waste. I agree it is straight forward, my son has just passed all his CS30,31,38 & recently 39, this his is second quote on a job and suits his experience level and kit/equipment he has. So we don't want to loose the job with a quote that is not at least competitive but gives us a profit.

Looks like a hard day for two guys (hard only in the drag, tree is easy enough) charge your day rate plus a bit for the drag/ third person if helps, somewhere in the 500 region I'd go with, although pics lie so could be wrong!

pictures don't show the whole tree do they ? which makes it hard to say whats what

but what you say about distance i would think it would take a day or most of a day so won't be able to do another job so set a day rate on it whatever you charge £350-500 at a guess depends on overheads but as i say your pictures don't tell the true story

My original thoughts were around £350, so its nice to see I'm in the right area, I have not got my own chipper only a 10x5 trailer so was going to take it to the recycle plant,which may take a few trips, probably cheaper than hiring the chipper as the access to the front of the house isn't great.

As a learning curve it will be ideal, not to difficult but get you thinking on all the variables.

Neighbours help in using their access would be great and the client is on good terms with them.