Second gen. T540.

castanea

Anyone have any idea when husqy will be releasing the updated version of the 540?

Have heard that they were working to address the issues with the rear av spring and the weakness of the rest of the carcass.

I am looking to get a new top handle and having used the 150, 200, 201, newer 201 and the 360tes I have settled that the 540,is the best of the bunch. Best throttle response and fastest in the cut, the two things that matter to me in a top handle.

If there is no update on the horizon, whats the necessary preventative measures to take to stop it from falling apart. I saw a few folk had cable tied the spring to save it bending.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought they had beefed the spring up a bit?

Beefing up the spring only makes it worse if you drop it on the strop . No give in the spring translates to more force on the plastic spring mount . Plastic spring mount breaks , saw plastics fall in half . Dont drop it on the strop till they make all the plastics stronger .

DSCF0033.jpg.d93c1af3243f046a371a5fe53f9d08b6.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg.74d70637f07332505fd539217fa8687a.jpg

I think the problem is solved. Husqvarna knows what the problem is but is not sure how to tackle the issue. The link below will explain how they will deal with the 'weak' spring. They probably will replace the loose nut between both handlbars.

http://treetoolsnz.oncentre.co.nz/_blog/Treetools_Blog/post/a-good-tradesman-never-blames-his-tools/

Edited by Treespotter