ms200t clutch removal

stewmo

Hi folks,

Trying to remove the clutch on my 200t and its pretty stuck on there.

Have used starter cord as a piston stop and using a 13mm socket to turn the clutch clockwise (its a reverse thread no?) and it won't give.

Guess i'm worried about going too hard at it, so er WD40 or what?

Help gratefully rcvd!

:thumbup1:

Chainsaw maintenance isn't for the limp wristed:001_tt2::lol:

Put it back on tightly and make sure the bar and chain is on when you fire it up, clutches have the tendancy of spinning off - don't ask how I know:blushing::lol:

Haha, I know how you know!

Just worked out a useless fact. The clutch has a circumference of about 220mm which means that if it spins off at 14000 rpm it hits the ground traveling at around 200kph.

No wonder they leave the workshop so quickly!

Haha, I know how you know!

Just worked out a useless fact. The clutch has a circumference of about 220mm which means that if it spins off at 14000 rpm it hits the ground traveling at around 200kph.

No wonder they leave the workshop so quickly!

Seen them do 50yds in a fraction of a second and then you get the ones that just sit there spinning like bonkers. Worst one was a Poulan whose clutch exploded across my garden - took me an hour to find all the bits:lol: glad it didn't hit me:thumbdown:

Seems the Husky 3 series like coming loose, even with a bar and chain fitted!

Better get one of those "Danger of Death" stickers on the workshop door.:001_tongue: