Another which rope do I buy thread...

jrose

Hi all,

I'm currently climbing on New England Union rope, but need to replace it fairly soon. I brought myself a length of Tachyon a couple of months ago, and really don't like it as I find it too hard to grip on a dry warm day, let alone in the cold and wet! So it's going to be sold, and I'm back in the market.

I climb on a Hitch Climber with VT, and no intention to change any time soon. As I found the Tachyon too skinny, I'm looking at 13mm ropes and interested in any opinions on the following:

Liros Ignite - this seems to be a new entry to the market, anyone used this?

Samson Arbormaster

Teufelberger Arbor Elite

I could go with what I've had before, and either get New England or XTC, but I like the idea of trying something new.

cheers,

Joe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.