zip line @ 150 ft

RC0

Big job today. Had to rig down probably 140ft of logs from a Douglas fir. Very repetitive, hard on the feet being in the spurs for 7 hours, and lots of swaying. I got some footage of all that, but havent looked at it yet.

Heres the top going off at least. Notice the long sling when taking a top in such a way....really important that the sling in long enough that the top hangs clear of the zipline, as what can happen with a short sling is that the top can jam on the line and stop mid fall. You dont want that, its nasty.

Use HD setting

Nice tall tree there Reg. Are your heights based on rope lengths? Or educated guesses? I find with the tall firs, if its amongst other trees it often looks shorter than it is, especially if you cant get far from the base. Haven't had to rig wood all summer.

Cheers.

We used my climbline for this one. Its a 150, and when I set it SRT at top we were right at the end of it down on the ground. Thanks

Wouldn't want to be standing too close to the speedline on the ground when they come raining down! How low did you have to go before felling? Did you do any snatching or just speedline?

There was no felling, unfortunately. The entire pole had to be rigged down off itself....at least until they were falling too close to the bollard. I sliced and ripped a few thereafter....managing to slot them on a little patch of dirt....then we walked the remainder (ripped in half) down the orchard ladder, until it could be reached from the ground. I got away from the job about 5:30.

IMG_20141028_163225.jpg.3104e530112228d20865e36fd8da3060.jpg