Mod a 200t or a 201t?

adamkaye123

I am in the market for a new top handle to mod up, I know the 290t is a good saw and read on arborist site about the muffler mod on the 200 and looks promising.

However, I then watched the muffler, carb and timing mods for the 201 and it looked really good! Even compared to the 200 but as I've not personally used saws with these mods I wanted to know peoples opinions on the two saws and mods? Thanks in advance

There isn't a massive amount of traditional porting you can do on these saws but the flow can be increased with mods to the exhaust and piston plus the squish can be lowered.

I thought mainly about the exhaust mod like removing the spark arrestor and drilling the hole through, is it very difficult to spit the exhaust or even to get it out? Or would I be better off trying to employ the services of a well known arbtalk saw moddist 😝

I thought mainly about the exhaust mod like removing the spark arrestor and drilling the hole through, is it very difficult to spit the exhaust or even to get it out? Or would I be better off trying to employ the services of a well known arbtalk saw moddist 😝

I never split the exhaust, they are sealed with some sort of sealent that makes it very difficult. You can put a 10mm drill in to the side of the exhaust - best done with it off the saw but can do it attached but make sure the saw is started up and any swarf blown out by starting the saw up afterwards.

If the exhaust is removed, make sure the gasket is alligned properly when the exhaust is positioned to do it up - seen plenty being blocked by a misalligned gasket.

This is but part of what I do to mod a MS200T!

I never split the exhaust, they are sealed with some sort of sealent that makes it very difficult. You can put a 10mm drill in to the side of the exhaust - best done with it off the saw but can do it attached but make sure the saw is started up and any swarf blown out by starting the saw up afterwards.

If the exhaust is removed, make sure the gasket is alligned properly when the exhaust is positioned to do it up - seen plenty being blocked by a misalligned gasket.

This is but part of what I do to mod a MS200T!

Modded any 201t's yet Spud? I've thought about getting the new flywheel/coil retrofitted to mine. Dunno if it would be worth it or not.

Modded any 201t's yet Spud? I've thought about getting the new flywheel/coil retrofitted to mine. Dunno if it would be worth it or not.

The easiest way is to do the exhaust drilling - cheap and effective IMO, the ignition timing needs a little finesse and is more difficult to do accurately without a timing wheel etc.