Sketchy job!

ben_y

Hey guys need some rapid advice on a job I did today. Started a pretty sizeable roadside plane pollard, roughly 60/70 ft. Seven phone cables under the crown, windows, three plastic roofs, cars on the pavement etc etc. I've been subbed the work, new guy I haven't long worked for. He's sent me with no rescue back up, traffic management, rigging kit or such. I'm edging towards walking from the job after some near misses on the groundies part. There's no way of getting the stuff on the ground without taking out any cables and the boss refuses to arrange a line drop. What would you guys do?

Cheers

Personally I would have a chat with the guy and explain you are a contract climber and not a miracle worker. If he is an understanding guy he may listen but more often than not he will not want to hear your comments, he will just want the job done.

Is he expecting you to bring the rigging kit?

As for the rescue climber situation, it should be a minimum from his staff to be capable of an aerial rescue.

Of course I haven't seen the tree but if it is as bad as you make out, I would probably have walked just because the guy sounds like he is taking the P.

All the other issues you have stated aside, climbing without rescue back up is a no no.

Explain your concerns & if he is not willing to take on board & make the job safer & deal with the phone lines then walk away.

Will he expect you to fork out if anything get damaged?