bulk bag log delivery

Greenscene84

Hi,

Just registered with the forum as I am after some advice or genius ideas!!

We started to sell logs by vented bulk bags last year but struggled with delivery. We used to sell the logs loose which was easy as you just tip them out.....but now they are bagged up how do people drop them off customers houses?? We load onto truck using bobcat skidsteer but are struggling abit at the other end. Ideally looking for a solution for bulk bags to be delivered using just one person instead of the current 2.

We have a transit tipper, standard box van and a beavertail to use. Not overly keen on buying another truck just for log deliveries, but need some ideas!

Thanks

I have the same problem. I have found my load handler will unload a full dumpy bag but it won't necessarily be the right way up. Of you cable tie the handles its possible to right the bag again without losing the logs. Bit of a faff though. I'm wondering if a swing lift or similar mounted on the pickup or trailer would work?

Sent from my XT1052 using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't bother with them tonne bags there agg iv been useing IBC water container,s with the top cut off there easy to move about as there on a pallet,

All you need is a pallet truck to get them from truck to customers garden, I use a transit with a tail lift ( easy to buy & fit to any tipper ) or my recovery truck I just side them down ramps

Hope this helps

oh dear..

any vehicle mam maximum allowable mass over 3.5t, truck and trailer , needs BE licence

entitlement and cpc and tacho if delivering logs to customers.

Hi Bob

Do I need tacho, cpc if I'm taking Arb waste to yard ?

oh dear..

any vehicle mam maximum allowable mass over 3.5t, truck and trailer , needs BE licence

entitlement and cpc and tacho if delivering logs to customers.

Tacho yes, but CPC no for B+E. Only for C1 upwards.

I would be interested to see evidence to the contrary if I am wrong!

We used to deliver in the same vented bags we seasoned in. Then tipped by hand at customers address or left with customer - an expensive option. Now season in a combination of vented bag and purpose made log crate and deliver loose. If a customer needs the firewood stacking - we offer the service.

This way, one delivery vehicle. Crates & bags are loaded at the yard using a jcb loadall - minimal handling.

Sent from my iPad protected by bombproof Lifeproof Case