Cordwood suppliers

FireFlyDom

hi jon

any idea when I will be getting my wood this 300+ tonne promised from early may still haven't received a single log mate!I know you keep in contact every week or so but my yard which is costing me rent money sits empty.And I need that and more cash waiting. Seems no one wants to haul into cornwall

Seems no one wants to haul into cornwall

This is the problem mate. I was talking to Trevor in person yesterday about the situation; I've over 1500 tonne now stacked up and every lorry driver as follows just glazes over when I harrass them:

1) Johnny W

2) Jon L

3) MD x 3 lorries

4) Mike W

5) Chris R

6) Evans - Mo

What the heck can I do?! JR down pensilva is pulling his hair out too; he's been waiting months and months - your chestnut is there...

They went right past my yard empty yesterday, still didn't pick up the hardwood there for you.

Euroforest politics is one comment I've heard on the FRS (Forestry Rumour Service); trying to delete other players???

NOT MY FAULT

yes I appreciate that jon. Didn't mean it to read I was having a dig at you.Sorry if that's the way it came across mate. Was just hoping one of the hauliers would get wind and reply to help us out.Anyone!!! Whoever said a few months ago about us merchants getting together and buying a rig doesn't seem such a crazy idea now. If only I was 20year younger I would seriously consider.Speak over the weekend. Tony

Would buy a wagon and drag in a heartbeat mate; Kleen Kutt got the right idea with theirs...

Oh and gregory distribution have just entered the roundwood haulage game too.

:001_rolleyes:

Marley Head were looking at the 20's we're cutting for them; they are forwarding the timber with an agri setup from our stacking area as a lorry can't get in there but are so desperate for the timber. Been buying in 24's and cutting 4' off. It's nuts mate.

I had same problem with long distance transport thought the firms would jump at the chance to get return loads. I found a firm and there the muts nuts they work nation wide including Cornwall.

The way I keep them happy is pay for loads up front there flats so 100 ton a time look after the drivers with a proper drink and help them where you can.

There is that much work out there that if you upset them there off to the next contract. Some of the rates been paid to haul softwood to certain facility's for bio mas are ludicrous.

Getting timber transported with in herefordshire is cheep and easy.