Costing for a bush trim!

EnglishSheep

Good evening all.

I have been asked to price up a slight summer trim for this bush and then perhaps a more heavier thinning later in the year.

A gardener friend of mine said he reckons it is two people for one days work. I personally find this hard to believe however bush trimming is not my core business.

Any serious ideas as to what to charge the client would be greatly appreciated.

If you do not want to discuss costing for this job then please just let me know how many hours work I should factor for.

All green waste shall be removed by myself.

Ps. It would give me the chance to use my brand new shiny echo single sided 1M hedge cutter!!

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1605.jpg.34842b05b88df27acde75a77ed2417d5.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg.bb56337885822ed20e9cfac14b714951.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg.05a7dacf4040d0197b635eac4bc09361.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg.cdbde612db1e62124a648cb3cf4e51dc.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg.bafb6eb9f5d922ce9d4ac3e644088bc7.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd call that 2/3 hours work with a long reach. Not really sure how long it'd take with shorter one.

Especially because the little bits that miss the tarps can be easily blown underneath and hidden rather than crawling around on your hands and knees forever.

Bloody hell how quick was that reply?!!!

Thank you for the info. I may charge 4 hours work and include the waste removal on top.

Are there any insider top tips as to how to keep the form and keep it looking circular or do I just free hand it?

Oh I love the two wheel tractor you have as your picture. I am looking at a two wheeled tractor and bled power box rake my self but perhaps that is for another topic so we do not loose sight of my original post!

Kindest regards

Sheep!!!

Because of the stripes on the lawn, the paving, the lights (I assume that's what they are) and the fact they've asked for a price for such a little job, I'd put £150 on it.

I'd want to do it perfectly, not a single bit left behind etc so half a day.