Reccy Climb whippendell wood 12th july

Ian Flatters

Ok everyone,

So last year we visited whippendell woods with some other Arbtalk members.

A fantastic day climbing some beauties and most in the 100ft mark.

Nathan has kindly agreed to arrange it again in the hunt for some more hidden gems and tallest trees.

Everyone is welcome and we plan to run an intro to SRT this includes SRT-WP systems.

The date is planned for saturday 12th July meeting in a car park early morning to make the most of it.

Nathan will give the postcode closer to the time and please respond to this thread if your keen to come along. Theres no "big i ams" just a bunch of like minded guys who will happily spend some time explaining stuff, even if its how do i get better at throwlining? Its free so all you have to do is get there.

Ian :001_tt2:

whippendell wood

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everyone,

Nathan has kindly agreed to arrange it again in the hunt for some more hidden gems and tallest trees.

Everyone is welcome and we plan to run an intro to SRT this includes SRT-WP systems.

The date is planned for saturday 12th July meeting in a car park early morning to make the most of it.

Nathan will give the postcode closer to the time and please respond to this thread if your keen to come along. Theres no "big i ams" just a bunch of like minded guys who will happily spend some time explaining stuff, even if its how do i get better at throwlining? Its free so all you have to do is get there.

Nice post Ian and sounds really good how you said about no big i'ams as some new climbers always feel a bit intimated at such get togethers.

Norfolk a fair way from me but I will put it in my diary just in case.nice one:thumbup:

Yep wippendell is just outside Watford

For all climbers in the south east or from where ever will be nice to have a bunch of climbers up for a day or whatever we make of it bring your climbing gear. Can see other peoples systems try out and I'm sure we are all up for showing one another tips and tricks in climbing.

Any questions can pm myself or just post it on here any levels of climbing can come good to see a vast range.

Ok everyone,

Nice post Ian and sounds really good how you said about no big i'ams as some new climbers always feel a bit intimated at such get togethers.

Norfolk a fair way from me but I will put it in my diary just in case.nice one:thumbup:

Yeah i think its a bad thing that people are worried about being put down. Ive gone to a few rec climbs and they have always been a good learning experience and fun. Especially Dans decision to zipline down the stupidest zipline ever!!

Oh its in Watford.

Yeah i think its a bad thing that people are worried about being put down. Ive gone to a few rec climbs and they have always been a good learning experience and fun. Especially Dans decision to zipline down the stupidest zipline ever!!

Oh its in Watford.

Yep.have sussed that now. I looked at your location:confused1: