futhering my knowledge

craigo93

Anyone no of any open university Crouses or good books that will futher my knowledge in arborculture ??

Myself and a colleague are starting the RFS Certificate of Arboriculture in September, that's run through Myerscough but I believe Tree Life offer it as well. It's a distance learning format.

Depends on what area, for a general book 'Trees : - Their Use, Management, Cultivation and Biology by Bob Watson' is pretty comprehensive & a good book to consider if your doing a course in Arboriculture.

Identification books : - 'The Hilliers Manual to Trees & Shrubs' 'Mushrooms by Roger Phillips' & 'The Wild Flower Key by Francis Rose'.

And anything by Claus Mattheck I cant wait for his new book!

Myself and a colleague are starting the RFS Certificate of Arboriculture in September, that's run through Myerscough but I believe Tree Life offer it as well. It's a distance learning format.

yet distance lerning is wat im after and I will check out them books on eBay now

And its just any which will help me I've got some knowledge thought the 4mouths I've spent in the bussiness so far but I think the more I learn learn now the better it will make me when iam fully qaulifyed thanks for the advice

Depends on what area, for a general book 'Trees : - Their Use, Management, Cultivation and Biology by Bob Watson' is pretty comprehensive & a good book to consider if your doing a course in Arboriculture.

Identification books : - 'The Hilliers Manual to Trees & Shrubs' 'Mushrooms by Roger Phillips' & 'The Wild Flower Key by Francis Rose'.

And anything by Claus Mattheck I cant wait for his new book!

Bob Watson lectured me tree and plant biology at Newton Rigg College, guess it has to be the same guy. When was it published?

Bob Watson lectured me tree and plant biology at Newton Rigg College, guess it has to be the same guy. When was it published?

I believe it first came out in 2007

"About the Author

Bob Watson BSc [Hons], BA, MHort [RHS], MIHort, CBiol, MIBiol, has spent a large part of his working life as a lecturer in amenity tree management, tree biology, arboriculture, urban forestry and forest pathology. He retired in 1988 from the post of Head of School, Forestry and Woodland Management at the National School of Forestry, University of Central Lancashire, but until 2005 still lectured there in plant science, tree biology and arboriculture on a part-time basis. Resident - Devon "

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trees-Management-Cultivation-Biology-Comprehensive/dp/1861268858]Trees: Their Use, Management, Cultivation and Biology, A Comprehensive Guide: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Watson: Books[/ame]

Yes, it is the same person. Bob was one of my lecturers at the Rigg too.

What is funny about the book , is that all the hand drawn images and information is exactly the same as the class handbooks he used to issue for each class.

I had a copy of this book in a paperback, serial form, years before it was published!