Had a laff today!

Big T

Hiya.

Got an enquiry through Facebook about landscaping a woman's garden. Went to have a look today, she didn't know what she wants so I suggested starting with her fence that needs doing. Apparently she had some local guy in to remove her hedge and do the fence, he removed the hedge (and left it in her garden) and put some fence posts in. I have never seen such a bodge job! Post spacing varied from 1.2m to about 2.9m! I have no idea what he planned to attach to them or where he would get timber in such lengths! I said to her that if she wanted I could do the fence (feather edge) using the posts but it would take longer and would prob end up in a lot of wasted materials. I then asked her if he concrete them in, "yeah, he used a bag and a half of postcrete". When I said that using a bag and a half per hole would be strong enough she said, "no, he used a bag and a half for all the holes"! There were 8 holes. Nuff said. The posts weren't even in line. I leaned a spade on one and it fell over, holes were about a foot deep. I basically said that it needs doing again, sent her a quote of £480 all in (for approx 12m of feather edge) and she couldn't believe how expensive that was! Can't help some people! Turns out a mate of mine did some work there and said that she's a pain in the ass, wants something for nothing. The problem is that she's only wasting money trying to get it done on the cheap! Some people never learn!