Trailer weight plate explanation.

muttley9050

Hi. I'm looking at a trailer for sale on eBay. It's quite old but looks OK for the purposes I need. The seller says it hard to make out the plate but can make out the stamped numbers.

They are 780,1094and 3057.

Can someone tell me if I'm correct In thinking that 3057 is the gvw, 1094 is the unladen weight and if so what is the 780 likely to mean?

Thanks for the help.

James

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi. I'm looking at a trailer for sale on eBay. It's quite old but looks OK for the purposes I need. The seller says it hard to make out the plate but can make out the stamped numbers.

They are 780,1094and 3057.

Can someone tell me if I'm correct In thinking that 3057 is the gvw, 1094 is the unladen weight and if so what is the 780 likely to mean?

Thanks for the help.

James

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

It's unlikely to be GVW because it's a trailer not a vehicle.

What's the item number

As a trailer it will have a MAM

Those pictures are a bit unclear on the iPad but the weight plate ought to have 2 axle weights and a MAM

Those tyres look to be on split rims which for that size wouldn't be unusual. They don't look to match but that could just be the picture quality

Assume the brakes will need a complete overhaul and a set of new tyres and bid accordingly

I bought a second hand indespension plant trailer to move me stump grinder about. I paid £700 for it but spent another £160 ish for all new brake shoes bearings and 1 wheel hub all was replaced down to wear and tear. Always better having a look first then you know what its worth to you.

I have just replaced the brake linings on both axles, four tyres and a couple of bowden cables on my ifor. That's come to several hundred and a days work.

It's still cheaper than a GV9 and less embarrassing than admitting on here that the wheel fell off

jeepers that's more than my trailer:001_tt2: