Stihl 661

Timber boy

Hi all I went in to my local stihl dealer today as I was thinking about getting the new 661 only to be told that all the 661's that stihl have sold have recalled them and replaced them with the 660 I just wandered if any off you guys new what the problem is with them

I was surprised as it sounded like a great saw

Hi all I went in to my local stihl dealer today as I was thinking about getting the new 661 only to be told that all the 661's that stihl have sold have recalled them and replaced them with the 660 I just wandered if any off you guys new what the problem is with them

I was surprised as it sounded like a great saw

Hi TIMBER no one no.s only Stihl and they will not tell 661 may be on sale end of summer I'm told that's a long time down thanks Jon

As I understand they were not recalled, we still run ours, and I know a few others running them to. They just ceased production after a "few" developed running problems.

Now I've had a 661 for a prolonged length of time I would not be happy with a 660, I am curious to see what changes if any are made when it's brought back to market.

Non your obsessed :biggrin:did you get a 660?

HI MARC yes i got 660 i could of got a 661 BUT THEY WERE PULLED BY STIHL SO IF THE TIMBER SPORT CHAPS ARE USING THEM THEY MY BE BACK SOON I COULD OF GOT 661 2 MONTHS AGO BUT I DID NOT SO 660 FOR IF NEED MORE POWER THEN THE 880 COMES :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

HI MARC yes i got 660 i could of got a 661 BUT THEY WERE PULLED BY STIHL SO IF THE TIMBER SPORT CHAPS ARE USING THEM THEY MY BE BACK SOON I COULD OF GOT 661 2 MONTHS AGO BUT I DID NOT SO 660 FOR IF NEED MORE POWER THEN THE 880 COMES :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

The 660 as you know is a good saw with a proven record for reliability, the 661 is an unknown.

Still I bet when the 661 comes out it will not be long before you you get one:sneaky2:

The 660 as you know is a good saw with a proven record for reliability, the 661 is an unknown.

Still I bet when the 661 comes out it will not be long before you you get one:sneaky2:

HI MARC i did have a 661 on order it come into dealers and i heard they stop making them SO I TOLD MY SELF IM NOT PICKING IT UP THEN I COULD OF GOT A 661 OFF A DEALER NOT IN ENGLAND FOR £800 BUT IT WAS A TO HIGH OF RISK AT THE TIME I WILL GET ONE AT THE APF AS STIHL WILL HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT BY THEN THANKS JON :thumbup:

Well maybe I will wait for it then I have an old 660 so if the 661 is going to be released in the summer might be worth the wait before I make a decision if the 660 dies on me I do have an 880 and an 064 wich can always back me up a bit disappointed tho I was all excited about getting a new saw

Thanks for the feed back guys !!!!!!!!