Bye Bye Euc

crackoff

Well, this weekend was finally the weekend I got around to taking the eucalyptus out of my back garden.

So, Saturday morning and this is how she stood...

IMAG0433_zpse2d09aff.jpg

IMAG0434_zps89755e90.jpg

As you can see, not much light hit ours or our neighbours garden. The storms over the last few months have had me glued to the window several times, watching as it swang at alarming angles towards next doors extension.

I have meant to get rid for a few years now, the missus even employed a door knocker (do as you likey) whilst I was at work once to get rid of it... Needless to say £500 spent on a pollard later, with the guy saying to her that, " that would kill it" (?????????REALLY? ITS A POLLARD???)All done before I got home. The same guy came around again to say that he could get it down to ground level for another £500...:sneaky2:

After the weekly shop, and a few other things, it was 1 o'clock before I actually got around to starting, but as I didn't have any ground (other than the watchful eye of the missus) all I could do was a little pruning and getting things ready for today, when my mate came around for some rope training...:thumbup:

This is where I left it last night...

IMAG0435_zps54562aa6.jpg

Up bright and early today, mate didn't arrive till 9, then a good cooked breakfast taking us till about 11 (that's the way to work... none of this 6am rubbish that I normally have to do) then we started getting down to work.

4 hours later and we're tidying up... Job done

IMAG0436_zps6fd78f63.jpg

IMAG0438_zpsebdffa10.jpg

There is a reason I left the stump so high, it will eventually have a table with benches around it, and a roof of sorts to shade the table area. (hence the ring of logs around the bottom...)

Here is some of the aftermath, lots of useful bits left to utilise over the coming months.

IMAG0437_zpsc907cb23.jpg

Shame when a healthy tree comes down, but the issues it would cause in the next few years, from roots or winds are too big to ignore, if it was further from the house, it may have been a different story.:confused1:

Must admit, not the best "sawsmanship" (new word :thumbup:) but it's down and I'm safe, so good job as far as I'm concerned:thumbup:

There is a reason I left the stump so high, it will eventually have a table with benches around it, and a roof of sorts to shade the table area. (hence the ring of logs around the bottom...)

I left a eucy stump in my garden for a splitting block and it was rotten and useless after a couple of years.

I'd get it down and buy a table