my progression

mtt.tr

I've been climbing for 3 months commercially before that about two weeks in a harness.

I started with a Blake's hitch and pulley thought it was great. Then got tired of it binding and went to a hc and vt wow I was impressed, life was easy then invested in cambium savers.

But I always seem to think SRT when I try to position myself I'm just not efffecient on drt. so I've been playing with an ascender descender tool for SRT whilst I was figuring stuff out I made a rough rw, tried it out liked it. Left it there still climbing drt at work.

Still bashing ideas around my head in the garage I decided to make a nice rope wrench with a pulley wheel I turned up on the lathe and tried it for the first time at work.

I work two medium oaks form one tree wow I can swing with no effort redirect my self to get to the very tips of trees walking on 1inch thick stems, I think this is possibly the best discovery I have had in climbing so far. It so easy even the more experienced teacher I work with said I looked more comfy got around quicker and adapted very fast.

I think he will be on SRT soon. Was good as I thought I was done dead wooding and lifting the second tree got to my first anchor to be told to go back into the other tree to do some more. Drt I would of been wound up but not SRT I can move about so easily. I love it. Possible the most fun I've had at work so far.

Thanks for reading.

I did a rescue on a quad copter yesterday which was stuck high in a skinny chestnut.

Bagged high into adjacent tree, set line, base tie off and up I went. So easy. So quick.

My Poison Ivy is a bit tatty now.

What ropes do you lads recommend for wrenching with a HC/VT? Still use Ddrt for stuff as well. Is 60m a PITA? I'm loving the base tie off.

I'm using 13mm New England but when's it worn out I'll buy tachyon have it for my side line and think it's great.

Here's the rope wrench I made since made a stiff tether not as pretty as I hoped but seems to work. If I like it I will make a better one.

DSC_0091.jpg.cdcc4b2b4e6bb270d95cc21ae46d9b22.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg.b4d9896a105f23306784c670916c7a38.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg.6b1b099cb072d590061b447307108ccc.jpg

I did a rescue on a quad copter yesterday which was stuck high in a skinny chestnut.

Bagged high into adjacent tree, set line, base tie off and up I went. So easy. So quick.

My Poison Ivy is a bit tatty now.

What ropes do you lads recommend for wrenching with a HC/VT? Still use Ddrt for stuff as well. Is 60m a PITA? I'm loving the base tie off.

I said a few things here about ropes this morning mate, just my two pence;

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/climbers-talk/68475-rope-me.html

I use a 60m length of Tachyon from time to time, srt it's not an issue for me as I can set the tail whatever length I like regardless of BA/Top TIP. If you plan your climbs I don't see why it would be an issue DdRT but would perhaps be a bit heavy when you do need to move it in a 7m tree!